Monday, January 27, 2014

If there is one thing you can give to the Philippines, what is that gift?

Every second of volunteering, every peso, every drop of perspiration counts.
But no matter how much we give, there is always this feeling that it does not seem enough.
There is a dream to give something bigger and to make a difference.

  • From the Nuffnang Philippines website

It’s a New Year and it’s wonderful to start the year 2014 with a lot of good vibes and positive attitude. It’s a good thing that Nuffnang Philippines and Globe pop-up the question “If there is one thing you can give to the Philippines, what is that gift?”

IMG_1537

I’m a bit tied-up with work lately and I can’t possibly visit all those places that need volunteers. As much as I wanted to contribute my energy and physical presence to these events, I’m home-bound. So the only thing I can give to the Philippines (without leaving my workstation) is my talent for photography and postcard-making.

Photography and postcard-making has always been vital in promoting the Philippines to other countries. We send postcards to our foreign pals to show them how beautiful the country is in spite of the several calamities that hit us in 2013. We use postcards to invite them to visit the country. This is our way to contribute to the tourism effort of the government. We use postcards to send our love and national identity to the world.

With so many beautiful places that I’ve visited in the country, I can create wonderful postcards of these places. In fact, I’ve already given some of these postcards to my foreign friends. This would be a great way to promote the Philippines as a tourist destination and to help our countrymen involved in the tourism industry.

Similar to the efforts made by the Department of Tourism (DoT) a few years back, when they launched the “It’s More Fun in the Philippines” campaign, I could transform the pictures taken using my DSLR into postcards! Look at some of the postcards I’ve made for my foreign friends.

Chicken InasalMambukal Falls, MurciaNegros Occ Prov CapitolSan Diego Pro-CathedralSt. Roch Catholic Church, Manapla

Since I’m also online all the time and is active on Facebook and Twitter, I could also promote the country and Globe’s Project Wonderful 2014 by sending tweets with the hashtag #GLOBEProjectWonderful2014. Everyone is gifted, and everyone has something to offer for the country. Let’s do our share in contributing to the welfare of the entire Philippines.

You can also be part of this campaign. Simply leave your answer to the question “If there is one thing you can give to the Philippines, what is that gift?”on the comments section of this blog.

Help create a wonderful Philippines. If you’d like to volunteer or make a donation, visit www.projectwonderful.ph

IMG_0301IMG_0596IMG_0785IMG_1487IMG_1511IMG_1594

No comments:

Post a Comment