Sunday, February 23, 2014

Saint Augustine Parish Church, Baliuag, Bulacan

I grew up and studied at Baliuag, Bulacan – from grade 5 up to high school. I consider it as my 2nd home and my boyhood town. Having been brought up Catholic by my aunts, I go to church (not very often though) at the Saint. Augustine Parish Church in Poblacion, Baliuag, Bulacan. I remember back then, it was Monsignor Feliciano M. Palma Jr.’s mass that I always listen to.

IMG00140-20131229-1544

The Saint Augustine Parish Church is also known as Baliuag Church since it’s the oldest church in the town. It’s dedicated to Saint Augustine of Hippo (Doctor of the Church) and the church was built in 1733 – which is also the founding year of the town of Baliuag. The architecture of the church is Baroque and it belongs to the larger Diocese of Malolos.

During my high school years when I was still active in church activities, I use to attend mass here at the Saint Augustine Parish Church – as well as attend confessions during Holy Week and attend the Legion of Mary meetings with my friends Cathy and Sheryl. During Holy Week, the Saint Augustine Parish Church is always included in the 7 Churches (Iglesia) that I visit, along with the Bustos Church, Sabang Church, Sagrada Familia, among others.

Ever since having a DSLR in December 2011, I haven’t taken a picture of this famous church. Hopefully, this Good Friday 2014 I’ll be able to take pictures of this church along with the several karosa that will be paraded during the annual Good Friday Procession. This will be a great photography opportunity and also a good way to reconcile with the church. I haven’t been active in the Roman Catholic Church since graduating in college.

Let me share to you the latest pictures I’ve taken using my BlackBerry 8520 of the Saint Augustine Parish Church, Baliuag.

IMG00136-20131229-1543

The Saint Augustine Parish Church as seen from the Glorietta (town plaza).

IMG00171-20131230-0937

The belfry of the Saint Augustine Parish Church with the image of Moses holding the Ten Commandments.

IMG00172-20131230-0938IMG00173-20131230-0940

The image of the Immaculate Conception, in front of the Saint Augustine Parish Church, Baliuag, Bulacan.

IMG00174-20131230-0941IMG00176-20131230-0942

The Saint Augustine Parish Church in Baliuag, Bulacan is where I used to attend mass during my high school years.

No comments:

Post a Comment