Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Everything I Need To Learn in Life, I Learned in Kinder

Here’s one of my most favorite mantra or life lessons. Everything I need to learn in life, I learned in kinder (kindergarten).

Kindergarten

All I Really Need To Know I Learned in Kindergarten (by Robert Fulghum)

  1. Share everything
  2. Play fair
  3. Don’t hit people
  4. Put things back where you found them
  5. Clean up your own mess
  6. Don’t take things that aren’t yours
  7. Say you’re sorry when you hurt someone
  8. Wash your hands before you eat
  9. Flush
  10. Warm cookies and cold milk are good for you
  11. Live a balanced life: Learn. Think. Draw. Paint. Sing. Dance. Play. Work
  12. Take a nap every afternoon
  13. Be aware of wonder
  14. Look around
  15. When you go out into the world, watch for traffic, hold hands, and stick together.

My other favorite mantras are the Instructions for Life and the Word of Zurvan to Azriel, Servant of the Bones.

Illustration by Sylvia Duckworth.

No comments:

Post a Comment