Thursday, October 1, 2020

Wiki Loves Monuments 2020

Today is the start of Wiki Loves Monuments 2020 in the Philippines. It will run until October 31, 2020.

I’ve been donating my pictures of buildings and monuments to Wikimedia Commons ever since I had my Canon 1100D DSLR camera in 2011. A lot of my pictures were already used in Wikipedia articles. It feels good to contribute to the widely used free encyclopedia.

This year, I’ll try my best to go over the list of priority buildings that needs to be photograph (at least in Metro Manila where I can travel by bike) and upload it. I’m not expecting to win any prize but knowing that I participated in this worthy advocate is enough to keep me going.

Are you also donating your pictures to Wikipedia?

Wiki Loves Monuments 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment